MASTER CLINKER MASONS OVER FIVE GENERATIONS

The Hagemeister family has dedicated itself to the production of high quality façade clinkers and paving bricks for more than 100 years.

  • Master mason Friedrich August Hagemeister (born 1836), as itinerary mason, made pit fired bricks in the Lippe/Detmold area under the "Rose of Lippisch" coat of arms.

  • F. August Hagemeister’s son Friedrich Wilhelm (born 1859) leased a brickyard as a second generation of masons in Münster-Gelmer - a first permanent production site for the family here in Münsterland.

  • Wilhelm Heinrich Hagemeister (born 1899) takes over the Munster brickyard from his father Friedrich Wilhelm.

    From 1930, over the war years, the Hagemeister family of masons first moved to Buldern and then to Ahaus-Altst

  • In the 3rd generation, the Hagemeister family finally committed itself to produce bricks at the foot of the Baumberge in Nottuln. In a classic ring kiln, Wilhelm Heinrich Hagemeister senior fired the original "M

  • In 1961, Wilhelm Heinrich Junior takes over the management of the W.H. Hagemeister brickyard Nottuln, founded in 1949, from his father Wilhelm Heinrich.

    A tunnel kiln replaces the traditional ring kiln from the founder period and the first fully automatic setting plant in Germany starts to operate here at the foot of the Baumberge. This heralds in a new era of clinker production by Hagemeister.

  • Wilhelm’s brother Norbert Paul Hagemeister, having entered the business as commercial manager in 1973, is now dual leader in the 4th generation of masons.

    With an increased workforce, they move into the first separate office building with integrated exhibition area – designed and planned by designer and architect Dieter Sieger.

  • The fourth and most modern tunnel kiln complements the largest production site of any clinker plant at any location. With this, the Hagemeister finally opens up the potential to supply to large construction sites nationally as well as internationally, flexibly and from one firing.

  • Completion of the second, large office complex and the big clinker exhibition centre under the construction management of KHSP architects.

    Hagemeister is the first German brick factory to be certified under the quality management system DIN EN ISO 9001.

  • The fifth generation continues the "Mason Dynasty". Christian Hagemeister takes over his father Wilhelm’s technical management position and leads the clinker factory together with his uncle Norbert.

  • State-of-the-art industrial robotics optimise the production processes. The Hagemeister clinker factory thus expands its capacity further to support planners and builders as a reliable partner in the realisation of large projects.

  • Dr Christina Hagemeister follows her father Norbert in the dual management position and leads the commercial part of the business at the side of her cousin Christian.

  • The conveyor belts at the brand new clay processing plant start up. The large and highly modern facility with its many clay bunkers, pan grinders, rolling mills and transport lines makes a huge contribution to the high quality of Hagemeister clinker.

  • In 1961, Wilhelm Heinrich Junior takes over the management of the W.H. Hagemeister brickyard Nottuln, founded in 1949, from his father Wilhelm Heinrich.

    A tunnel kiln replaces the traditional ring kiln from the founder period and the first fully automatic setting plant in Germany starts to operate here at the foot of the Baumberge. This heralds in a new era of clinker production by Hagemeister.

page top Mein Merkzettel